Sunday, June 5, 2011

Steam Irons - How to Find the Best

Clothes irons have come a long way since the days of cast iron heated up on a wood burning stove. I was suprised to find out that the same science applies to today's technology driven clothes irons. It's all about shifting molecules in fabric. Either its cotton, silk, wool, linen or polyester we like to plane out wrinkles and heat makes that happen. Sure fabrics I learned, need water -- literally hot water aka steam to make wrinkles vanish and disappear. That's why great heat (found in wattage) and super heated water (steam) are the sought after features when choosing the right iron.

Vertical steam should be so great that you don't need to heat press the item afterward. In this case, you literally get what you pay for. So my hunt for the right iron - one that will last for years, and most importantly give me non stop clouds of steam was on!

Steam Iron

Top 8 Must Have Steam Iron Features
- High heat and changeable heat too for my silks and costly tissue thin voile blouses
- ultimate steam - the deeper the wrinkles the more steam i need and since i love linen -- steam is on the menu. Test out the iron if you can at the store. Does it have that crisp 'pssshhh' sound when the steam comes out? Can you see steam force as it pushes out of the iron when you vertically steam a garment? How about constant steam or blast?
- A nice size water tank. If you want steam like I do, a water tank that holds more than a thimble full is essential.
- Easy fill water tank - ok, allow me to vent (not a steam pun) here -- filling a water tank with a tiny inlet hole in the nose of the iron is trying to thread a needle in the dark. I want an easy fill water tank.
- Soleplate -- no non stick coating. Non stick coating peels, gets gummy and leaves marks on my clothes.
- selection of Professionals - designers, seamtresses and sewing insiders use this brand?
- Fast Heat up and auto off system - Inevitably the phone rings when I'm ironing or that literally good segment on Oprah comes on just as I'm about to start my chores. I'll come back and the iron is off, cold and I've got to restart the whole whole process.
- Vertical steam, so I can speedily steam out my linen curtains and bed coverlet

Steam Irons - How to Find the Best

If you can find all eight of these features in one iron you are good to go and you will have a great steam iron as well as a clothes steamer.

Steam Irons - How to Find the Best

Recommend : USB Battery Charger & Accessories Deals Cuchen Electric Pressure Cooker Heavy-Duty Chinese Cleaver With Wooden Handle

No comments:

Post a Comment